Humana Expands Web Site For Spanish-Language Customers
“Nuestra Salud Humana” a comprehensive array of Spanish-language resources intended to better serve Humana’s Spanish-speaking customers
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) will set an industry standard with the introduction of its expanded Spanish-language website, www.Humana.com en Español. The move is part of “Nuestra Salud Humana” – which translates into “our health” – and uses the Humana name to demonstrate the company’s commitment to better serving Hispanic consumers, the fastest growing minority group in the U.S., and partnering for their health and well-being.
What makes the new Spanish-language functionality on Humana.com unique is that it uses real-time technology to offer the same comprehensive information in Spanish that is currently available only in English, for all of Humana’s key audiences. The URL for Humana.com en Español is www.Humana.com/nuestra_salud.
Health-plan members, insurance agents and brokers, healthcare providers and employers who consider Spanish their primary language can now access the latest unsecured content on the Web site. These include Humana plans and products, health and wellness advice, company information, career opportunities, contracting resources for providers and product information for insurance agents.
"Research shows that Hispanic consumers prefer the Internet over other media to access information on products and services in general," says Phyllis Anderson, vice president of Marketing for Humana. "Humana.com en Español engages Spanish-language consumers with actionable information, tools and support to make informed decisions when choosing and financing health care benefits."
In addition to Humana.com en Español, the Nuestra Salud Humana initiative includes a variety of innovative Spanish-language tools recently enhanced by Humana:
"Humana is committed to better serving the needs of our Hispanic members, employers, insurance agents and providers," added Anderson. "We care about our members' health and well-being and have launched Nuestra Salud Humana to recognise our expanded Spanish-language resources."
- Interactive Voice Response Systems - Launched in July 2008, this automated telephone technology allows a computer to gather and provide information for Spanish-speaking members using pre-recorded responses. Calls can also be routed to other resources such as a live bilingual Humana customer service representative.
- Humana Health Assessment – This confidential telephone questionnaire is offered in Spanish to learn about the member’s health status and create an individualized action plan to better understand and improve the member’s personal well-being.
- Personal Nurse® – A bilingual nurse is assigned to members with qualified plans to build a personal relationship, explore treatment options, answer questions and facilitate coordination with the patient’s caregivers and doctors.
- HumanaBeginnings® - A wellness programme for expectant mothers is available in Spanish.
- HumanaFirst® Nurse Advice Line – A 24-hour service which includes an online health library is staffed with bilingual nurses.
Humana.com en Español was expanded to facilitate communication with the growing segment of Humana's Hispanic members who prefer reading Spanish text. A significant percentage of Humana members are located in states where, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, Hispanics are the largest minority population. These states include Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the estimated Hispanic population in the United States as of July 2007 was 45.5 million, making people of Hispanic origin the nation's largest ethnic minority. There are 32.2 million U.S. household residents age five or older who speak Spanish at home. Hispanics now comprise 15 percent of the nation's population, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, and are expected to make up 20 percent of the population within the next 20 years.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health and supplemental benefits companies, with approximately 11.5 million medical members. Humana is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering a wide array of health and supplementary benefit plans for employer groups, government programs and individuals.
Over its 47-year history, Humana has consistently seized opportunities to meet changing customer needs. Today, the company is a leader in consumer engagement, providing guidance that leads to lower costs and a better health plan experience throughout its diversified customer portfolio.
Like this article?